December 2, 2020
Example of a scientist turning into Rust.
Some arguments in favor of Rust:
- Microsoft use it too to rewrite parts of Windows because 70% of their bug fixes each year are related to memory safety. Something that can not happen in Rust.
- the engine Servo of Firefox is written in Rust
- It is the fastest growing language according to Github
- the compiler produce high informative error messages
- a well complete and high-quality ecosystem: tooling (cargo, clippy, , community, IDE integration, Rust playground
BUT the learning curve is steep.
Idea to learn Rust : RIIR scientific algorithm :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
To follow for the support the development in Linux and Windows OSs
Comment reconnaître un paquet perdu et quels sont les protocoles pour éviter, détecter et réparer ce genre de problème ?
To be more specific, there’s actually two things to screen for:
- they give a shit about X, and
- they give a shit about their work in general.