Create a command line interface from a REST API.
It seems powerful!
Joat uses a YAML file to define subcommands of two types: requests and scripts. Requests subcommands ease the interaction with a REST API and scripts combine multiple commands into a more convenient one.
Use one package manager built on top of corepack to support npm, yarn and pnpm.
#idea #project support more package managers such as cargo, deno, ... :)
Oh wait, there is already something https://github.com/egoist/dum
Execute powerful common commands
A collection of awesome projects. It is great to find good quality projects in it.
It looks good.
32 bits integers: at most 4 billion.
Times it is not enough:
- database primary keys: 4 billions record is not that much
- IPv4 addresses: we want more than 4 billions computer on the internet
- registers: limited to 4GB of RAM
- unix timestamps: end at Jan 19, 2038
33 specific ways to improve your Rust code
All of these sound good to me. The thoughts are in contradiction with some terms of the current IT developments and programming.
About the current state of the software:
- it is getting slower as demonstrated by the latency. A computer from 2015 is 2-5 times slower than an Apple 2e from 1986 just at reading a keystroke and displaying it on screen. https://danluu.com/input-lag/
- putting all-in-one software increase complexity, and maintenance costs. They become untrustworthy.
- they are more a liability than an asset
I take some quotes out of it.
Humanity didn't get good at building houses by building the same house a million times. We built lots of different houses and learned from each other's failures.
As a programmer, I've tried multiple times in the past decade to create services just for myself and a few friends. Each of them has fallen away after a year or two. And a big reason for that was the burden of keeping up with updates for all the tools they depend on.
My initial plan had been to create clones of apps for myself and take out lots of features. [...] I didn't expect to find myself wondering what a web browser for memory palaces might look like.
- making forks instead of all-in-one software. It keeps them lighter.
- we can have a huge amount of softwares. It is ok. Prefer software with thousands rather than millions of users, that seldom requires updates, that spawns lots of forks, that is easy to modify, that you can modify.
A typical pattern describes the problem, the chosen solution, the rationale behind that solution, related patterns that the designer should be aware of, and other relevant details, such as the results of usability testing.– Jared Spool
Die größte Gefahr für Pattern Libraries und Design Systeme ist, nicht mehr aktuell zu sein.
für ein Design Pattern Aktualität viel wichtiger ist, als gründliche Dokumentation
Spart eine Pattern Library keine Zeit oder erzeugt sogar dauerhaft zusätzlichen Aufwand, wird sie automatisch Akzeptanzprobleme bekommen.
Iterationen für Abbildung eines Pattern Library (bei OTTO):
- 2012: Getreu nach Lehrbuch
- 2012-2013: Modularer Ansatz
3, 2013-205: Code Pattern Library = Pattern Library
- 2014-2016: Basierend auf den Atomic Design Prinzipien von Brad Frost; responsive patterns, komponenten, templates (bottom-up) oder Grid & breakpoints, content refertence Wireframes, Layout (top-down)
- 2016-heute: ein komplettes tool
When designing a hypermedia API, you're really designing for a client that does not, and will never, exist. Imagine you're asked by your manager to create a "REST API" for your business.
An alternative to framaforms
A modern multiplayer snake
EvanLi/Github-Ranking: Github Ranking Github stars and forks ranking list. Github Top100 stars list of different languages. Automatically update daily. | Github仓库排名，每日自动更新
A list of the most-starred projects on Github
Awesome things. One has to create a list of it :D
it also redirects to other awesome lists.
Here is a video. Point its location on a world map.
Amazon : 30 millions de dollars à la FTC pour éviter les poursuites pour espionnage de clientes et violation de vie privées d'enfants
L'espionnage (ou l'abus ici) via les objets connecté avait été anticipé, mais voici un cas concret