DvorakDwarf/Infinite-Storage-Glitch: ISG lets you use YouTube as cloud storage for ANY files, not just video
A hacky way to store data as video. The proof of concept uses youtube.
a new #project #idea is to build the whole thing, but not only for youtube, but for any possible API endpoint :D
Here is separation of the responsibility of such a program:
- the image processing layer takes the file and converts it into an image or video
- the compression layer reduces the size of the data as much as possible
- the encryption layer guarantees the confidentiality of the data until the algorithm is broken, since the data is shared with a third party anyway. It can intervene
- the network layer allows data to be uploaded and downloaded to different providers (why limit it to youtube?)
- the data layer: it is responsible for storing information about the videos/images (video metadata: at provider X, accessible from such and such a URL, last modification date, etc.). It inserts metadata into the files through the image processing layer in order to decode them correctly (type of compression, etc.).
- the application layer: it allows to use everything with a UI/CLI. In short, an interface for the user.